Banking and Finance
Tashko Pustina advises corporations, commercial and investment banks, financial institutions on a wide variety of bilateral and syndicated financing and refinancing transactions, both domestic and international including highly complex cross – border transactions. In corporate lending we act for both borrowers and lenders in both Albania and Kosovo, with a unique commercial understanding of the bankability of the terms of the transactions.
When advising local and international banks in their financing projects in Albania, we assist them with matters such as: review and commenting from the local law perspective of the facility agreements, advising on suitable ways to address issues identified in the long form documentation (reps / undertakings), drafting and negotiation of security documents, advising on all security perfection measures, perfection of securities, corporate approvals of the obligor’s entry into each agreement, issuing capacity opinions on each security provider, enforceability opinions on the local law governed security documents, collecting and verifying local CPs and condition subsequent, and providing support at signing and completion.
Our recent work includes:
- Advising a group of 5 Albanian banks on a partial re-financing (EUR 32 M) of an existing syndicated loan for an Albanian production facility.
- Advising three international banks on a EUR 100 M financing for the acquisition of an Albanian mining company.
- Advising an international development bank on the financing of two local banks.
- Advising an Albanian private healthcare provider on the restructuring of an existing loan by an international development bank.
- Advising an Albanian hospitality and leisure company on the re-financing of a EUR 20 million loan.
- Advising 5 Albanian banks on their inter-creditor agreement for the partial refinancing of an existing syndicated facility.